Melfort Harbour Cottages Two - Kilmelford, Pet Friendly Holidays Scottish Highlands
One of the most beautiful lochs on the Scottish West Coast, where the Highlands comes down to the ocean - an idyllic location for all who seek a pet friendly holiday in Scotland.
"An escape for all seasons" is how you can describe the cottages at Melfort Harbour located on Loch Melfort - one of the most beautiful areas of Scotland, protected on the seaward side by uninhabited islands and sheltered by the hills of Melfort to the North.
There are 15 delightful self catering lochside houses which offer the ultimate in comfortable living and spectacular views from the balconies. Each cottage is different in layout and varies in size to sleep 2-6 persons. In most houses each bedroom has its own en suite facility which is opulence indeed.
There is a choice of 1 to 3 bedroomed harbour cottages, which are finished to the highest standards, providing freedom, flexibility, privacy and service. Sensible and thoughtful design make the harbour houses blend with the environment and each property is to a Scandinavian design with all "home from home" comforts with a few extras.
These include modern leather suites, underfloor heating, digital TV, Free Wi Fi, CD player, dishwasher, microwave & laundry facilities. Some have a log fire, perfect for winter evenings. All the beds are made ready for your arrival. Three cottages are wheelchair accessible, on one floor with ramps, parking for easy access, and all the required facilities - STB 2 Cat. II disabled awarded. Please see further cottage details/layouts below for more information.
Most guests come to Melfort to do nothing more strenuous than look at the view, climb into the spa bath, potter over to the balcony, feed the birds, read a book or fall asleep. Others find their pleasures getting out and about, including golf, horse riding, boat trips, kayaking, go karting and diving. The area is second to none for wildlife and walking. There are panoramic views to Jura, Mull and Colonsay. National Trust properties can be visited from here.
This is indeed an extremely comfortable base to relax and unwind and choose the things you want to do when you want to do them.
Typical cottage layout includes:
- Well equipped cottages with open plan living area including good quality leather suites
- 5 cottages are suitable for Wheelchair use with ground floor living accommodation and adpated for mobility requirements - STB 2 Cat
- Underfloor heating with open fire in several cottages
- FREE Wi Fi, Digital TV's, CD player & DVD
- Kitchen facilities include cooker - electric hob, oven and extractor fan
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer
- Selected cottages have a washing machine/tumble dryer
- Most bedrooms have ensuite facilities, see bedroom options below
- Private balcony area with garden furniture
- Selected cottages furnished with a log fire - Logs complimentary supply for your arrival
- Sauna & Spa bath (some have sun bed option)
- Ironing Board & Iron, Hair Dryer, Vacuum Cleaner
- Mooring for boats
- All duvets, linen provided, beds all made up upon arrival
- Pets welcome - 2 pets per house at £20.00 per pet
- Cot/high chair/change pad/stairgate - £10.00
- Office open 7 days/week, 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Parking available alongside each cottage
- A starter supply of soap, toilet paper, kitchen roll, dishwasher powder, washing up liquid
Waterside Breaks - Holiday Lodge & Cottage Holiday by the Water
Find your ideal self catering waterside holiday from our live availability search of 1,000's of wonderfully located cottage holidays, lodges & log cabins throughout the UK. There is a large variety of choice, from luxury fishing holiday lodges, romantic lakeside log cabins, riverside Norfolk Broads holidays, beautiful canalside cottages to lodge holidays in the Scottish Highlands or seaside family holiday homes. Book directly with the owners, no agency fees are charged. Just choose your holiday location, dates, group size and check availability. Reserve your waterside holiday cottage or lodge online at the direct booking price or call us for advice between 9am & 7pm (UK) Monday to Saturday